Friday, May 10, 2013

Strawberry & Lime Jello Milkshake

Jello!.....


The super good wiggly stuff is not just for pre packaged lunch cups anymore, actually I was never really one for eating my Jello from a package.



 I am very proud to say that Jello was officially the very first thing I was allowed to cook on my very own! 

I ate so much of this stuff, well I ate half as much as I drank.


For some reason I loved to spoon drink my pre-wobbly Jello right after I added in the boiling hot water, seriously the hot sweet stuff was like soup for my soul.



If you haven't tried it like this, I do highly recommend.



I think that memories of my childhood romance with Jello sparked the idea for an official drinkable version. 




And when I finally had a sip,




it was everything that the 8 year old hot Jello sipping aficionada ever dreamed it could be! And since Jello comes in so many assortments the flavor and the flavor combos are endless!

The super bonus to this recipe, is that it can be made in 3 little pasitos (steps)


Vamos a la cocina!



                                             Ingredients
1 cup milk
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jello, any flavor
 
( I used Strawberry, Lime Jello & Vanilla Jello Pudding)
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
for the strawberry shake you can cut up a few strawberries and blend them right in, a splash of vanilla never hurt either for the vanilla pudding shake!
 
                                                            Directions
 
Place milk and ice cream in blender. Add Jello. Blend 30 seconds.
 
Garnish your yummy milkshake with add-ons like; cherries, strawberries, whip cream & sprinkles!





5 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Jasmine,
I love this shake idea! I'm excited you joined us I love your cute name and site! You are a Featured Favorite this week on Saturday Show & Tell; we can't wait to see what you've been up to this week! :)
Mackenzie

chica chocolatina said...

Thanks so much for the sweet compliment. I'm so excited for feature and thanks again for hosting the party!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
01 09 10