Friday, May 24, 2013

Cocoa Puffs Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes

How is chocolate not considered a drug?  I mean it's truly the only thing I crave constantly yet lack self- control to resist !


Seriously it literally screams, (not calls) mi nombre every single night.  I don't understand how or why it happens all I know is that it happens.

And when the chocoltay stuff calls, I have no choice but to answer.



Believe me I've tried to resist the temptation and quietly snuggle into my bed without fufilling my semi-sweet desires

but the result is me waking up in a night sweat 3 hours later  and endulging in 3 times the amount of chocolate I originally wanted just to make up for the time my body spent deprived of it while I was sleeping.

Now, please tell me how something with so much poder (power) and control can be left so hapharzadly on every store shelf?!

If your like me and find yourself being so strong in every other area of your life


but instantly weakend by the smell of a freshly unwrapped chocolate bar



than these chocolaty Cocoa Puffs Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes are your sweetest sin!

This is a super-easy chocolate cupcake recipe that comes out moist and delicious!





                                                               Ingredients

For the Chocolate Ganache

3 tablespoons corn syrup
6 ounces heavy cream
12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
 
You can also use semi-sweet chocolate baking squares like these, all you have to do is microwave them on 70% power mixing every 45 secs until completely melted.
                                                                         

                                           Directions
In a small saucepan combine the corn syrup and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.

                                                                          
                                                                          Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of flour1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup brewed coffee 
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 egg
1 bag of chunk chocolate chips
1 box of Cocoa Puffs cereal
                                                                           Directions

  1. Mix all of the ingredients well with a mixer or wooden spoon. Sprinkle chocolate chunks over the cupcake batter. It should be brown and smooth, free of lumps.
  2. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
  3. Once cupcakes are completely cooled, prepare your chocolate ganache and dip the top of each cupcake until completely covered with chocolate.
  4. Take a handful of chocolate Cocoa Puffs cereal and sprinkle onto each cupcake, I love to make sure there is a heaping pile so that when a bite is taken you get a mouthful of cocoa goodness!
 
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hola Amor! Me estas matando con estos postres!!!hahahaha...but I'm here to bring sweet news for you, You have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Congratulations! If you decide to play along, the rules are at my blog! so check them out! Have fun and Keep up the sweet work! Lizy

eRecipe said...

I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
01 09 10