Sunday, October 7, 2012

Finger Lickin Good - Creepy Halloween Chocolate Apples

Nothing like severed bloody body parts, wrapped in cellophane stuffed in cardboard coffins happily stacked on store shelves to let us know that the ghoulish days of Halloween are among us! 

Halloween is one of those holidays that just screams for a fiesta, the themes for a Halloween fiesta are sin fin ( without end): pumpkins, witches, scarecrows, ghosts, black cats, mummies and please let us not forget our beloved vampires! ...... Go Team Jacob!, Is there really a choice? Edward will just ruin your whole life forever.

(Uh...umm, okay back to the fiesta)........ I mean c'mon do you really want to spend all that money for your little diablos costumes just to use them one time?!  I actually look forward to the extra invites that my chicas receive from their amigos for a wickedly fun party filled with ghouls and goblins.




I also await the paper from school announcing the date and time of their Halloween party, their school holiday party treats are almost as important as the one's I bring in for their own cumpleanos ( birthday).



It's so much fun choosing between cupcakes with neon vampire teeth and red hot butter cream tongues sticking out the middles or  midnight black ooey gooey chocolate graveyard cakes with nutter butter peanut butter cookie tombstones.


The fact that I have three chica's who still are young enough to party during school hours is a super plus, not to mention the fact that I get three chances to create separate goodies unique to each one of them! 

When I spotted these severed body parts , I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. Visions of dark brown chocolate dipped apples surrounded by bloody fingers and bloody feet and toes splattered with red chocolate "blood" danced in my head. Despite the scary massacre look of it all, I think they came out eerily cute! What do you think? ♥




Ingredients

4 Granny Smith Apples
1 bag of  melting chocolate ( Wilton, Merckens or you can use chocolate chips)
1 bag of  Red melting chocolate
1 bag of bloody severed fingers and feet
4 cookie pop sticks ( I prefer wooden you can use paper or popsicle sticks)


Recipe

Wash apples, remove stems, and insert wooden craft sticks into the area where you removed the stems. Press firmly to fit the craft stick into the apple.


Melt chocolate wafers or semi-sweet chocolate. Melt the chocolate using the double-boiler method, or via microwave making sure to cook at no more than 45 second intervals or chocolate will burn. I have a chocolate candy apple maker that melts both chocolate and caramel. Of course you can use this maker as well if you have one.  Stir the chocolate to make sure that it's fully melted.


Take an apple by the stick and dip it into the melted chocolate, rolling it in a circular motion until the entire apple is coated. Continue this process until you have coated all apples with chocolate.
 
Place the severed limbs all around the base of the apple and let set for about 5 minutes, next melt a cup of red chocolate wafers, once melted place in piping bag and pipe the red chocolate  with an up and down motion to resemble dripping blood.

Place the chocolate dipped apples onto a flat baking pan or cookie sheet lined with wax paper. I sprayed a little Crisco onto the wax paper for extra ease of removal.  Place the pan in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Take out and enjoy!  To make the apples fiesta ready wrap them individually in cellophane bags, tie with a decorative ribbon.



 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

These look adorably creepy and delicious! Newest follower from Mine for the Making's Halloween Party.

I hope you'll take the time to stop by my blog, too!

http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com

The Domesticated Princess said...

Just this weekend, my middle son cut his finger while deciding to cut an apple. He's 8, so he's not old enough to use a shart knife yet. Would it be wrong of me to make one of these apples as a joke now that his finger is all better?

chica chocolatina said...

@ Robin, I'd love to stop by! @ Bonny,omg I hope he's okay, but considering it's Halloween themed maybe you can sell it to him as a trick or treat prank! If I was his mom I definitely would!! hehehehe

Crystelle Boutique said...

These are super freaky! That bloody knife really gave me a scare! I bet the kids LOVED them! I think I might have to make some of these.....
YAY!!!

Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com

Carrie said...

One of my favorites this year. Pinning it!

chica chocolatina said...

@Crystelle Boutique, I have to admit they do look a little scary!@Carrie, thank you for the compliment and the pin too!

Unknown said...

Hey Chica, it's me again. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! I hope you'll accept. Your blog is awesome!

http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html

Katie Drane said...

Yum! This looks awesome! Great job:)

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Angela said...

These look like so much fun! :) Perfect for a Halloween treat!

Jill said...

Ohhhh that is gruesomely fabulous!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

chica chocolatina said...

Gracias, Ladies! :)

Mariel said...

These are awesome!! And, totally gross. I love it! Thanks for sharing this on 'Or so she says...' at last week's link party! I would love to have you add the party to your list and stop back to share more of your great ideas. There's actually a party going on right now (it's every Saturday through Tuesday.) Thanks a bunch! ~ Mariel www.oneshetwoshe.com

boulevardsg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
snehal said...

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog,
looking forward for more content...Great job, keep it up.
Creepy

chica chocolatina said...

Thank you! I’ve let the blog go way too long...going to get back into it!

01 09 10