Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spanish Honor Society Bake Sale

I am currently the standing Vice-President for the Spanish Honor Society Sorority at my school.
Although I was unable to man the table at the bake sale (hmmm...I was too busy making history at the Presedential Inauguration for Barack Obama in Washington D.C.!!!!, a difficult sacrifice I know !)


Well for the sale I made jumbo chocolate chip cookies and jumbo butterscotch chocolate chip cookies, a variety of cupcakes to adorn the table. (Coco Cabana-coconut, The Mambo-Tango- orange creamsicle, Chocolate Barcelona-snickers cupcake and Chocolate Chip Chihuahua-a chocolate cookie dough stuffed cupcake and Latin Elvis-a peanut butter dulce de leche and banana cupcake.Since it was a bake sale for a Spanish club I figured I should make something with a fun FIESTA!! feel.....so this is what I came up with. White chocolate tacos filled with chocolate cake (meat). Then topped with a vanilla cream cheese buttercream (sour cream) sprinkled with chopped Swedish fish (tomatoes) orange and green shreds of marshmallow fondant (cheese and lettuce). Still haven't heard the official word on the outcome of the sale, but I did do a little product quality control check while baking these yummies!! (u have to stay on top of your product! hahaha..) They seemed to be bake sale hits!
I have to give extra special thanks to my Mom for grabbing the wheel of the Chica Chocolatina xpress and delivering these goodies for me while I was busy celebrating victory in our nations capital. VIVA OBAMA!!

No comments:

01 09 10