And although I've been gone and you haven't seen any new posts or photos.
I dream of sugar and baking up sweet ooey gooey love!
I assure my ovens have remained hot and I have so many new super delicioso recipes to share!
I know for you guys as well....things can get pretty busy en la vida (in life), crazy mañanas with long listas of things to do!
But every since I was a young Chica, I was always told that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.
I also believe one can never be too busy for something sweet,
so I figured why not jumpstart your day with a wonderful mix of los dos ( both)!
So may I present to you a magically delicious addition to your busy mañana (morning )guaranteed to make you.......
okay maybe you can't
but the taste is so buttery and delicious your mouth while have no choice but to slow down and smile!
Vamos a la cocina
For the French Toast
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk
4 large eggs
10 to 12 slices white bread ( I love texas toast it's thicker and holds up great once dipped)
For the Churro
1/2 stick of butter (melted)
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tsp of cinnamon
chocolate syrup or maple syrup (optional for those without a super sweet tooth)
- Break all the eggs into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate; beat lightly with a fork. Stir in milk, vanilla and cinnamon .
- Over medium-low heat, heat griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of butter, margarine or cooking spray.
- Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds, if needed lightly shake extra cinnamon onto bread slice then carefully turn to coat the other side. Soak/coat only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time.
- Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side. Place cooked French toast on a separate plate until it's time to dip in the Churro mixture.
- Once all your French Toast is done combine your 3/4 cup of sugar and your teaspoon of cinnamon in a shallow plate or dish. Melt 1/2 stick of butter about 45 secs or until completely melted pour it into a shallow bowl or pie plate , One at a time dip your cooked bread slices in the butter mixture and then place butter coated bread into your cinnamon sugar Churro mixture making sure to coat each side equally with cinnamon-sugary goodness!
- Now that the hard part is over here comes the easy! Stack your plate with as many slices of Churro French Toast that you think your belly can handle. Now if your a complete sugar addict( like some Chica that I know cough, cough!) this is the moment that you can either swirl on some maple syrup or heat up a small cup of your favorite chocolate syrup. I personally love the taste of Churros dipped in chocolate....so chocolate glazed Churro French Toast es tan Perfecto para mi! ( so Perfect for me)