Coffee or Café! (oh how Spanish make everything sound so much more interesting !)...
Yes, I get the fact that coffee is said to offer a quick jumpstart for those less than peppy mañanas ( mornings) but the bitter taste is a Grande turn off to me.
How could one turn down a warm and soothing drinkable chocolate bar sprinkled with clouds of fluffy marshmallow. It's seriously Heaven in a mug...with no signs of its bitter cousin for miles and miles!
One of my favorite take home hot chocolates comes ironically from a coffee making giant....Starbucks!
On one of those particulary cold winter days..
sitting at my kitchen table with.a steaming mug of Starbucks hot chocolate in one hand and a local doughnut shops old fashioned donut in the other...I had a delicious ephiany! A Starbucks Hot Chocolate Doughnut....and with that thought a dulce (sweet) idea was born !
Vamos a La Cocina
1 cup of Starbucks Hot Chocolate
1/4 cup of Powdered Sugar
1 cup of chocolate chips (Guittard Choc Chips are my favorite!)
Kraft or any brand of mini marshmallows
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until temperature registers 350°F. (Oil should be 1- to 1 1/2 inches deep). Open your biscuits and flatten them out into even rounds and thickness.
2. In a medium bowl mix your Starbucks Hot Chocolate and powdered sugar; set aside
3.Cut holes into the center of your doughnut, I like to use the opposite end of a pastry tip. You can also use a small circle cookie cutter.
4. Add doughnuts to hot oil, cook on each side about 30 secs or until bottoms are golden brown (be sure to watch them carefully because they cook quickly), fry on each side and transfer onto a paper towel.
5.Once all doughnuts are prepared immediately dip each doughnut into the hot chocolate powdered sugar mix coating each side evenly. Set aside on paper towel or a piece of waxed paper.
6. Melt your chocolate chips in microwave for 30 sec intervals stirring at each interval until melted and smooth.
7. Using a icing spatula or knife spread melted chocolate on each doughnut and sprinkle with mini marshmallows.
Now it's time to sit back on a cold winter day with a warm handful of Starbucks Hot Chocolate Love....Doughnut Style!